Sonus Festival 2017
Sonus is back!
Using only the best soundsystems the world has to offer, Sonus Festival has in five years become a serious contender for the most impressive event in Croatia’s star-studded festival crown. It’s a marathon celebration of epic proportions, a chance for ravers to unite; loosing themselves in the music, discovering new artists and making memories across five sun drenched days and hazy nights in the glorious Adriatic setting of Zrce Beach. Easily accessible from Zadar, Split and Zagreb, Zrce Beach is the perfect home for a week of summer debauchery, the venue widely known for being a hedonistic haven for international festival goers. High-calibre artists, daytime beach parties, three open-air clubs on-site, endless after parties and of course, the legendary sun-kissed boat parties will once again make Sonus the go-to choice for the real techno lover.
Proving once again why it’s the leading party in the techno world, Cosmopop’s beach-side soiree can reveal Appalonia, Chris Liebing, Jackmaster, Loco Dice, Marco Carola, Pan-Pot, Ricardo Villalobos, Richie Hawtin, Rødhåd, Seth Troxler and more are all aboard to join 2017’s squadron.
With an already solid artillery of heavyweight selectors announced for it’s fifth outing including regular family Chris Liebing, Joseph Capriati, Seth Troxler and Loco Dice, plus some new faces, Sonus Festival is undoubtedly THE pilgrimage that any self-pronounced techno fan. As tickets disappear faster than any year to date, it’s time to grab one now to be a part of this marathon adventure.
Across five days and five nights between 20th – 24th August, Sonus attendees will get the chance to watch internationally revered DJs and live acts in beautiful surroundings. Never one to disappoint with bookings, this year is set to be the strongest yet, with Romanian talent Alexandra added, plus hotly-tipped London boys Archie Hamilton and Enzo Siragusa who’re making waves recently with their masterful selections and seamless sets.
Another family member set for a grand return is Seth Troxler, who’ll step up with his trademark selection of deep cuts, plus Pan-Pot, undoubtedly one of the most iconic names in techno. As if that wasn’t enough, representing across the five days are Dutch rising star Joey Daniel, Marco Carola, as well as Karotte, a true master on the decks with a career that spans across three decades.
Festival date and opening hours:
Sunday 20th of August -
Thursday 24th of August
- Adam Beyer, Adriatique, Andrea Ljekaj, Andrologic, Apollonia, Archie Hamilton, Binh, Chris Liebing, Dan Andrei, Dejan Milicevic, Dorian Paic, Enzo Siragusa, Fabio Florido, Felver, Hito, Homeboy, Jackmaster, Jamie Jones, Janina, Jesse Calosso, Joey Daniel, Joseph Capriati, Josip Milkovic, Julia Govor, K.O.D (Cabanne & Lowris), Karotte, Len Faki, Leon, LOCO DICE, Luigi Madonna, Maceo Plex, Mano Le Tough, Marco Carola, Margaret Dygas, Mariano Mateljan, Marina Karamarko, Matador live, MEAT, Monika Kruse, Nick Curly, Pan-Pot, Rhadoo, Ricardo Villalobos, Richie Hawtin, Richy Ahmed, RØDHÅD, Sam Paganini, Seth Troxler, SHDW & Obscure Shape, Solomun, Sonja Moonear, Sven Väth, Tale Of Us, The Martinez Brothers, tINI, VRIL live
Zrce Beach is one of Croatia’s most spectacular beaches. Despite the number of people who flock there throughout the summer, it has a blue flag, which basically means it’s clean, safe, and has toilets.
Zrce has all the ingredients for an unforgettable experience, and is lined with open-air clubs with evocative names such as Aquarius, Papaya, Noa, Kalypso and Euphoria that pump out the beats all night and day.
If you need a break from the decibel levels, parascending, water slides and other watersports will also provide plenty of thrills.
All in all, there’s no chance of getting bored here!
How to get there
FROM AIRPORT TO CITY:
- After you’ve booked your package with Festlane, you will receive tailor-made directions. In them we will tell you how you can travel from airport to hotel and from hotel to the venue (transfer tickets are not included in the package price).
- From Zadar airport, you can expect to reach Novalja within 2 hours.
- First you will need to take a bus from the airport to downtown Zadar, operated by Liburnija Zadar. The bus stop is located next to the main building exit. For only 25 HRK (3,5€/2,5£), this bus will take you to Zadar old town bus terminal in about 20 minutes. Please check the airport website for a detailed overview of the schedule.
- From there, a coach operated by Antonio Tours will take you to Novalja in 1h30 for 79 HRK (11€/ 8£).
There are 7 departures per day, from 8am to 8pm.
We recommend that you book this leg ahead of time as it is highly likely that many other festival-goers will take the same route. You can consult the timetable and book your bus journey online via GetByBus.
FROM CITY TO VENUE:
- Zrce beach is located 3km away from downtown Novalja. During summer, shuttles to and from Zrce Beach run 24/7. One way fare is approximately 15 HRK (2€/1,5£). For more information about public transportation in Novalja, please check the city’s official website.
Novalja is part of the Croatian Pag Island, which is ideally situated in the Adriatic Sea. Over the years, its Zrće Beach has permitted to the city to be internationally recognized by being one of the best European summer party spots : during the summer Novalja hosts a variety of entertainment and cultural events.
Unspoilt landscapes, pebbled beaches with a crystal clear sea, premium nightlife, strong cultural and historical history, have made the actual reputation of Novalja.
If you like to explore the surroundings of the city, you’ll be able to observ some archaeological discovers like Christian basilicas from the 4th and 5th centuries. Novalja is a real tourist destination especially in the summer, that is why you will find plenty of terraces of various cafes and restaurants, which create a relaxing atmosphere. In these ones, you can taste tranditional and unique Croatian food, like the Pag lamb, cheese, Kvarner Bay shrimp or asparagus. Moreover, you have the opportunity to visit the Boškinac winery to enjoy local products.
Festival services & information
- You have to be 18yo to attend the event.
- The different concerts will be held across 4 stages at clubs Aquarius and Papaya.
- Your ticket will give you access to all day nights and afterparties: when you will arrive there, you will have to exchange it for a wristband, at the Festival Check-In.
- To book your tickets for the legendary sun-kissed boat parties, check the festival’s official 'Boat Party' web page.