Known as the most famous Dutch pop festival, PinkPop is included in the Guinness World Records Books as the oldest and only continuously annual open-air music event in the Netherlands. Originally a one-day festival, its reputation made it grow to a multi-day event. Landgraaf, the current selected location, proved to be a godsent: indeed, year after year, the event has improved itself, not only in terms of interest but also qualitatively.
This is illustrated by for example Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, The Artic Monkeys and The E-Street Band performing in previous editions! The main acts in 2017 will be Justin Bieber, Green Day, Kings of Leon and Martin Garrix!
Victim of its own success, it was sold out for several years in a row. In 2014, all records have been broken: all tickets sold out within two days! Moreover, PinkPop gets involved in environmental measures and has also agreements with several charity organizations. So, what are you waiting for to be part of the 48th edition?
OPENING TIMES & DATES
OPENING HOURS FESTIVAL SITE
- Saturday 3 June from 12:30 p.m. to 12:00 midnight, program starts at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday 4 June from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight, program starts at 1:00 p.m.
- Monday 5 June from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight, program starts at 1:00 p.m.
OPENING HOURS CAMPINGS
- Saturday 3 June from 08:00 a.m. to 6 June 12:00 noon.
Kings of Leon
System of a Down
- Saturday: JUSTIN BIEBER, MARTIN GARRIX, KENSINGTON, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, KAISER CHIEFS, RICHARD ASHCROFT, CHEF’SPECIAL, CRYSTAL FIGHTERS, JAMES TW, WHITE LIES, PIERCE BROTHERS, DECLAN McKENNA, THE TEN BELLS & more to follow. Sunday: GREEN DAY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, SEAN PAUL, BROEDERLIEFDE, SUM 41, RANCID, KODALINE, CLEAN BANDIT, BIRDY, GAVIN JAMES, THE CHARM THE FURY, JAMES ARTHUR, ANNE-MARIE, MY BABY, JACK SAVORETTI, BUSTY AND THE BASS, CHARL DELEMARRE & more to follow. Monday: KINGS OF LEON, LIVE, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, PASSENGER, PROPHETS OF RAGE, MØ, GUUS MEEUWIS, BIFFY CLYRO, FAT FREDDY’S DROP, SEASICK STEVE, LIAM GALLAGHER, RAG‘N’BONE MAN, MACHINE GUN KELLY, OH WONDER, GUTTERDÄMMERUNG, DON BROCO, CHRIS AYER, JP COOPER, MIDAS & more to follow.
Megaland welcomes a wide variety of large and small events like Pinkpop, Breakfest, cycling tours (both professional and recreational) and more. Indeed, the infrastructure of the site makes this 27ha land ideal for events. In addition to the main area, there is also the possibility to rent the open-air cinema, which possesses the Europe’s largest projection screen.
But the site can also count on an indoor 1800m2 building. The main house has several options include themed markets, fairs and business meetings. In addition to two spacious rooms, adequate sanitary facilities, offices, a kitchen, people can relax at the atmospheric Pinkpop café.
How to get there
- There will have a free parking area (roundabout Hostraat-Einsteinstraat, entrance of the camping site A).
- Bicycle shed will be opened from 9am to 4 am (surveillance during these hours).
- There will be extra shuttle trains between Heerlen Station and Landgraaf, and also extra direct trains from Heerlen to Maastricht, Eindhoven, Utrecht, Tilburg, Breda, Rotterdam and ‘s-Hertogenbosch among others. Also check out: http://www.pinkpop.nl/2017/en/festival-information/transport/ for more info.
- Address : Hofstraat 13-15, 6372 XC Landgraaf.
- We recommend you to follow the yellow signs near the venue instead of following your GPS. - There will be a paid-parking area with surveillance (you can only book your place on-site, not online).
Landgraaf proposes activities for all tastes. Indeed, it is home to the largest indoor ski piste in Europe, named Snow World. Moreover, you can visit the Mondo Verde, which is a new themed park, consisting in world gardens with replicas of monuments.
If you are seeking for fun in a bigger city then we suggest Maastricht which is only a half an hour away by train! Check www.ns.nl for time schedules and more.
Festival services & information
- Tickets are personal and non-transferable.
- Are allowed: simple digital photo cameras, small bags, blanket to sit on it, sun tanning lotions (but no sprays or cans), rain ponchos, flagpoles.
- Are not allowed: crowd surfing, professional audio/video/photo equipment, glassware, cans and plastic bottles, flyers/stickers/other promotional materials, permanent markers, large backpacks, umbrellas/parasols, food/drinks, drugs, hookahs/bongs, pets, skates/bikes/scooters/skateboards inside the event, football shirts or other club shirts (like motorcycle clubs), provocative or face-covering clothes, weapons, e-cigaret refills, poisonous/inflammable/explosive materials.
- You need to have your ticket with you at all time even if you already have your wristband.
- If you lose your ticket or your wristband, you will have to buy another one.
- If you look younger than 25yo, you can ask for a 18+ wristband in order to be allowed to buy alcohol.
- You will find lots of stalls which offer a wide range of food and drinks, and there will be distributions of free water bottles during the festival.
- There will be a token system: you can buy them at the ‘BONNENKASSA’s but only with a Dutch Maestro card or cash. You have ATMs at several spots to get cash with others types of cards.
- There will be police and first aid stands on-site.
- You can rent a locker and also pay for a baggage depot service. You will also be allowed to charge your phone at different spots in the event.