Oasis Festival 2017
This summer, journey to North Africa for Oasis Festival, a desert paradise rising from the dunes of Morocco. Taking place from 15th-17th September at luxury music resort The Source in Marrakech, world-class acts including Maceo Plex, Marcel Dettmann, Moodymann, KiNK, Karenn, Charlotte de Witte, Jeremy Underground, Chloé and more will all perform against the stunning backdrop of the nearby Atlas Mountains.
Opening times & dates
Friday 15th September: 4 PM - 5 AM
Saturday 16th September: 4 PM - 8 AM
Sunday 17th September: 4 PM - 4 AM
- AUNTIE FLO, CHARLOTTE DE WITTE, CHLOÉ ,JEREMY UNDERGROUND, KARENN (live), KINK (live), MACEO PLEX ,MARCEL DETTMANN, MIKE SERVITO, MOODYMANN, POLYSWITCH, THRIS TIAN, YOUNG MARCO & MANY MORE to be announced soon!
The Source Music Resort
This 4.5-star hotel is an entire music focused resort, from the spa atmosphere to the rooms stylish decoration. It has been created to be a luxurious sanctuary of serene wellness, considered as a real zen citadel. With this terracotta-hued style, you can feel the Moroccan chic experience when you cross the pathways, flanked by rosemary, thyme, geranium or even mint, and discover the Arabic culture through their fresh juices, home-made pancakes, pastries, honey, and lots more proposed in the restaurant and bar of The Source. Indeed, cocktails and dishes are made using the many herbs and ingredients grown in the ground: quality is the priority.
Swimming pools, an amazing view of the Atlas mountains, perfect gardens: in such a venue like this, all you have to do is enjoy the summer vibes with good music around!
How to get there
FROM AIPORT TO CITY:
- Airport : Marrakech Menara Airport, which is about 5 kms/3 miles from the city center.
- By bus : you can take the bus number 19 “Airport express” which is an air conditioned-bus. It runs every 30 minutes from 7 AM to 9:30 PM and costs MAD30 one way and MAD50 return (if your return is within 2 weeks of the initial purchase). It doesn’t have particular stops, but it serves all major hotels, and you can just tell the driver where you have to go.
- By taxi : We recommend you to not order a taxi at the airport stand, because most of them are dishonest drivers, but you should better cross away the car park where you will find lots of taxis waiting there. You should never pay more than MAD60 to go to the city center, and to be sure always ask for the meter before entering in a taxi.
FROM CITY TO VENUE:
- Address: The Source Music Resort, Route de l’Ourika, km 10, Marrakech, Royaume du Maroc (10-minutes drive from Marrakech’s city center). There will be free shuttle transportation from some selected hotels to the venue (Es Saadi Gardens & Resort, Adam Park Hotel, Kenzi Menara Palace, Kech Boutique Hotel) but you have to register on the Oasis website to access to this service. Shuttles will run daily from 3:15pm to 1:00am and will drive you back from 3:00am until everyone leaves the festival.
As the major city of the kingdom of Morocco and the fourth largest city of the country, Marrakech is a vibrant town where you have activities for all tastes. The Palmeraie, called the “green lung” of the city, is about 13,000ha and allows you to have a nomadic space of a few hours during a camel ride. For nightlife lovers, you should go to the square of Djemaa El-Fna, where musicians, dancers and story-tellers animate it throughout the night. Moreover, as part as your Moroccan experience, the souks are the perfect representation of traditional markets there: you can find clothes, spices, shoes, tagines, and much more. Benefit from this occasion to bargain and interact with people! Unnecessary to mention all the gardens and palaces that you definitely have to go to see, and which are really worth it.
Festival services & information
- The event is 18+ years old. A valid ID will be required to enter the festival, and everybody is subject to search when entering the festival.
- You will be able to exchange your ticket for a wristband at the Will Call booth located just outside the festival gates. -
- This is a cashless event. Your wristband will be your payment method for food, drink and activities: at several points in the festival you will be able to buy credits with cash (Euros, Dirhams, Dollars or British Pounds) and sometimes with credit cards, but keep in mind that there will no ATMs available on-site.
- Are not allowed: weapons, fireworks, illegal substances, pets, glass containers, food/drink, musical instruments, large backpacks, laser pointers, drones, objects with sticks (selfie stick, umbrella, flag, totem), tents, and audio/video recording material.
- You will find a wide variety of local restaurants there. There will also be special vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan options to eat.
- Most of the areas are accessible for people with disabilities but the festival doesn’t guarantee that all the activities proposed are adapted to them.
- The medical area will be located under the DJ Booth at the Desert Oasis Area. - Some important numbers in case of emergencies: 19 for the police, and 15 for an ambulance. Keep in mind that local people only speak French and Arabic, so if you don’t speak these languages ask a member staff or a security member to help you.