Free Your Mind Festival 2017
Free Your Mind Festival has been a household name on the festival agenda in the Netherlands for many years and it now returns on June 3rd, celebrating its 14th anniversary. Since 2003, this single-day event aims to provide a special immersive atmosphere that allows festival and partygoers to join as a community and celebrating their love for music, art, life and freedom.
Feet in the sand, beaches all around, huge outdoor woods surrounded by the soothing Rijn River, the industrial historical John Frost bridge as a backdrop : the chosen terrain has provided a perfect setting to explore all of thèse!
Come get imaginative, inspired, and enjoy the best of underground, techno and house music with the FYM community.
Festival date and opening times
Saturday 3rd June: 12 AM - 11:59 PM
- andhim Benny Rodrigues Blawan B2B Substance aka DJ Pete Dax J De Sluwe Vos DVS1 Eats Everything Franky Rizardo Fur Coat Ilario Alicante Len Faki Michael Mayer Noir Oliver Schories Paula Temple Pig&Dan Reinier Zonneveld LIVE Route 94 stranger Sven Väth Technasia wAFF Wankelmut Abstract Division ANOTR Blackfox Chris Stussy CO-OP AKA Remy Unger + Joop Junior Daniel Williamsen Davy Brandts Donovan Rivera Ferro Geoffersonn Georgio Weis Jasper James Judah Darenville Karim Soliman B2B Rowen Clark Luuk van Dijk Manuel Londa Miss Melera NAJEL MONTEIRO Park & Sons PATSKI Reza Athar Rowan Pierot & Loco Dave Samuel Deep Tabs b2b SanGo Tierap Warren Fellow B2B Sandeep
More natural, cultural and recreational : that is the vision for Stadsblokken-Meinerswijk. Arnhem is an accessible and contiguous nature and recreation area - the largest floodplains park in Europe. Maintained by the region itself, inhabitants benefit from this place to hang out on sunny days. But thanks to the plenty of space there, some events can be organized and the biggest one is definitely Free Your Mind festival!
How to get there
FROM CITY TO VENUE:
- By car: the address is Stadsblokken 1, Arnhem and the navigation address is Gelderse Rooslaan, Arnhem (there, you will have to follow the signs and instructions). You have a parking available close to the festival (€ 10 on pre-sale, € 13 regular price)
- By bus: From Centraal Station to « De Praets » stop (walking distance to the festival) Lijn 4 (Station Zuid), 5 (Schuytgraaf), 6 (De Laar West), 7 (Rijkerswoerd). Buses will drive regularly from 12am to 1am (check NS.nl and 92920V.nl)
- By bike: Bikes can be let at the bike shed at the entrance of the festival.
Located on both sides of the Nederrijn and Sint-Jansbeek rivers, Arnhem is one of the largest cities in the Netherlands and has a plethora of activities to suit all tastes. Also known as the « Green city of the Rhine » or the « Park city », Arnhem can count on forests in the background to make it even more beautiful, particularly with the Veluwe national Park. So don’t be surprised if you find giant trees, lovely parks, green avenues and impressive gardens at the core of the city itself.
The city centre and the Fashion Quarter (Modekwartier) offer a lot of shopping opportunities, and you will be able to find plenty fashion ateliers there. Among all these shops, many cafés and restaurants around some street corners will make your visit more enjoyable.
Arnhem’s inhabitants are involved in the city’s football team Vitesse Arnhem who usually plays at the GelreDome football stadium.
If you walk around the city, you will notice the prominence of the historical references.
Festival services & information
- You have to be 18 years to enter the event. A valid ID will be required.
- You are not allowed to leave the festival and enter again after. You will have to pay a new entrance fee if you want to re-enter the event.
- In case of rainy weather, the organization has prepared tents to continue partying in good conditions.
- You will have lockers at your disposal.
- At the entrance, everybody will be subject to security searches.
- Restrictions for: bottles of deodorant, aerosols, gels and sunblock.
- Are not allowed: pets, weapons, drugs (possession, dealing, using), indecent clothing, alcohol abuse, own food or drinks, professional audio and video recording and promoting or selling a product or a service without an authorization of the organization (also applicable for the festival surroundings).
- The festival applies a zero-tolerance policy for verbal or physical abuse, or aggressive behaviour.
- By entering the festival, you allow the organization to record you. They will have the right to use these pictures and/or videos without notice.