DGTL Amsterdam 2017
DGTL is a festival experience full of discovery, inspiration and surprise. Through music, art and production, it tantalises visitors and keep them hungry for more. Throughout the year, the organization seeks out the latest technological innovations and most exciting advances to create an unforgettable festival experience. By constantly striving for a balance between the leading names in art and music, the newest discoveries and exciting local treasures, you can be sure that you won't be disappointed by DGTL!
DGTL is making a sustainable impact on the global festival landscape. Always mindful of the environmental and social impact, they work with enthusiastic partners to spread our message and expand their reach.
While other festivals hinge on large-draw headliners, DGTL combines those big names with local and international emerging talents: visitors are hungry for new artists and new sounds in impressive stages within raw, industrial settings.
Located only a 10 minute-boat ride away from Amsterdam Centraal Station, on the NDSM-Werf docklands in Amsterdam North. The festival site faces Neveritaweg’s waterfront and offers a spectacular view on the IJ river, as well as a genuine peek into what it is like to party in Amsterdam: electronic music and beer. Surrounded by water. We genuinely love it, and you will too.
Opening times & dates
Saturday 15th April:
12:00 to Sunday 16th April: 23:00
Motor City Drum Ensemble
- Adriatique, Agoria, A Made Up Sound, Âme [DJ], Andhim, Applescal, Beesmunt Soundsystem, Be Svendsen [live], Black Coffee, Carlos Valdes, Delta Funktionen, De Sluwe Vos, Detroit Swindle, Dixon, DJ Koze, DJ Tennis, Dollkraut, Dorisburg [live], Ferro, FJAAK [live], Fort Romeau, Henrik Schwarz [live], Henry Saiz B2B Miss Melera, Howling [live], HVOB [live], Jan Blomqvist [live], Jamie Jones, Jennifer Cardini, Jennifer Cardini B2B Axel Boman, Jeremy Underground, Joachim Pastor [live], Job Jobse, Joy, Orbison B2B George Fitzgerald, Kobosil, Kornél Kovács, Lee Burridge, Leon Vynehall B2B Ryan Elliott, Lord Of The Isles, Maceo Plex, Maceo Plex B2B Lord Of The Isles, Massimiliano Pagliara, Mathew Jonson [live], Matrixxman, Matthew Dear, Max Cooper, Midland, Mind Against, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Moscoman [live], Move D B2B Gerd Janson, Nachtbraker, Nuno Dos Santos, Oceanic, Oskar Offermann B2B Edward, Paranoid London [live], Patrice Bäumel B2B , Rampa B2B &ME, Raxon, Redshape [live], Reza Athar, Rødhåd, Sandrien, Satori [live], Sau Poler B2B Awanto 3Skatebård, Sigward, Simon Weiss, Space Dimension Controller [live], Speedy J, Stephan Bodzin [live], STERAC B2B Konstantin, Talaboman, Tenzers, Tiga, Tom Trago [live], Trikk, TWR72, Unders, Voiski [live], Weval [live], Willow
NDSM-Werf is an ancient shipyard turned hip venue located on the Northern bank of the IJ river, home to Amsterdam’s alternative art community and underground culture. Old industrial buildings, abandoned wharfs and warehouses, rusty shipwrecks and derelict containers covered in graffiti and street art masterpieces set the tone and form the perfect party backdrop to DGTL.
How to get there
FROM AIRPORT TO CITY:
- After you’ve booked your package with us, you will receive tailor-made directions. In them we will tell you how you can travel from airport to hotel and from hotel to the venue (transfer tickets are not included in the package price).
- By train: there is a train running at least every 15 minutes to Amsterdam Central Station for 4,20€ (3,50£). From there, tramways, buses, ferries and metro lines will take you to many different areas of the city. Please check this awesome journey planner to find the easiest way to reach your destination.
- By bus: depending on where you need to go in the city centre, you can also take the bus. Bus 197 (Amsterdam Airport Express) will take you to Leidseplein via Museumplein and Rijksmuseum in about 35 minutes, for no more than 4,75€ (3,75£). Bus depart every 10 minutes from bus platform B9. For more information about this service, please check Bus197.nl.
- By taxi: there usually are many taxis lined up outside the airport terminals, which will take you to downtown Amsterdam in about 25 minutes. You can expect to pay around 40-45€ (30-35£). Taxi services such as Uber and Tinker are also quite popular in the Netherlands.
FROM CITY TO THE VENUE:
- Public transportation: you can take the “NDSM Werf” ferry at Amsterdam Centraal Station (it takes 10 minutes to cross the river and it is free).
- Car: the adress to use is “tt Neveritaweg 15, Amsterdam, Netherlands” but keep in mind that there will be a very limited number of parking spaces available.
- Bike: you have to take the “Buiksloterwegveer”. You can also take the “NDSM Werf” ferry but you will have to leave your bike at Amsterdam Centraal Station because bikes are not allowed on the ferry during weekends.
Home to more than 300 festivals and a countless number of music events which span all tastes and genres, Amsterdam has found its way to the top of the list as a world-class party destination.
With a population of just under a million, it may come as a surprise that such a small city has so much to offer. Nonetheless, Amsterdam has undoubtedly imposed itself as one of the hottest european capitals of electronic music, alongside Berlin and London, mainly thanks to its late legendary club Trouw, but also for its hosting of the internationally renowned ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event) which welcomes every year an endless stream of the biggest DJs in the world, spanning the entire spectrum of electronic sub-genres.
But don’t get us wrong, the capital of the Netherlands is not only about clubbing and holds many surprises. That’s right, ladies and gents, whether you are a leather-clad guitar-loving buff craving to headbang to the most edgy indie-rock riffs, or a nostalgic hippie-chic fellow in search of a one-in-a-lifetime musical journey, you can rest assured that Amsterdam has what it takes to suit even the most unconventional booty shakers!
Festival services & information
- You have to be 18 years old and present a valid ID to enter the event.
- The possession or dealing of drugs is prohibited and will bring you directly to the police. However, the possession or use of a small amount (maximum of 5 grams) of soft drugs is allowed, but not prerolled joints.
- Smoking is not allowed in indoor areas.
- Are not allowed : pets, glass, plastic bottles, cans, fireworks, drugs, arms, food, drinks.
- The organization is not responsible for any on-site damages.
- Earplugs are available at the entrance of the festival. Wearing a football shirt or discriminatory clothes is prohibited.
- The distribution of promotional materials as samples or flyers and video/audio recording are not allowed without a written authorization of the organization.
- Glasses and cups cannot be brought out of the event.